Welcome!

This is just a fun blog that I hope you all enjoy and leave your thoughts. Maybe you'll even get some inspiration from some of my idea's like my blog inspiration did for me! =]



Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter evenings

Winter has been a delight. Christmas was spectacular, but as of tonight...my heart is longing for warmth. I've been dreaming of summer all day long. The sun was out today but frost was on the ground to remind me it isn't quite time to play outside. I've been to my Aunt Debbie's house today to clean and talk about things. I love visiting her because she shares many of my interests. Jesus, plants, cooking, etc. She sent me home with home made and canned tomatoes (I helped can those in the fall), grape jelly, apple sauce, and relish. I wish there was a way to not have to go to school or work and just grow things, can them, and give them away to people you love all the time.


So when I got home I went to my room and started working on my plants. I have a new terrarium with hens and chicks in it as you can see. But that wasn't what I needed to work on. I repotted a few plants that were getting too big for their pots. It's such a delight to get to see them grow every day. I then went online and read and took notes in my journal about cactuses and succulents and vegetables and wrote recipes for peach lemonade. I have a happy summer to come.


Did I mention I have baby cactuses now? My precious boyfriend's mother gave him some seeds from California and he gave me some. Sweet, right? I put them in my terrarium and they just sprouted up! I am excited because I don't know if I've ever actually grown anything from seed until now. I'm so happy. They will be nice additions along with the succulent and the other cactus that my boy also got me for christmas. They'll all add to my big happy, green family.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very precious blog! I love all your plants.
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete